Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme 2021 Betty Bachao to launch self-sufficiency and uplift of the country’s daughters – Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Sukanya Enrichment Scheme in January 2015 in the Beta Padha campaign.
The PPF account is called the account which is opened for the girls under this scheme. An account can be opened in the name of the daughter at the bank or post office. The scheme is designed for the bright and secure future of the daughters.
Features of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme …You can deposit at least 250 per year and a maximum of Rs.150,000. The interest rate of the account on the amount deposited is notified from time to time by the Finance Ministry of India. Interest rate is determined every financial year.
Under the new rule, 100% of the amount can be deducted on the marriage of the daughter. Taxes are exempt under 80-C on deposits. No interest is paid after the daughter turns 21.
How to open a plan account?
- Download Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Full Information PDF Copy
- Download Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana form
- Watching Video
- Official Site
Visit the nearest bank or post office to get the Sukanya Enrichment Scheme form. Photograph the daughter and fill in the form details.
Attach Xerox copy of all required documents. You can bring the form home and complete it and submit it later.
Document required for the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana plan
- 1. Form of the Sukanya Enrichment Scheme
- 2. 2 passport photographs of daughter and mother and father
- 3. Daughter’s birth certificate
- 4. Copy of Aadhaar card or other identification card of the mother or father
- 5. Proof of residence (electricity bill, ration card, driving license, election card, any one)
Important Essentials …
- If you forget to pay a year, you have to pay a penalty.
- You can deposit money whenever you want during the year.
- If you have two daughters, you can open two accounts. But even if you have more than two daughters, you can open at least two accounts.
The account can be opened by the natural or legal guardian for a girl child of age below 10 years.A depositor can open and operate only one account in the name of a girl child under the scheme rules.Natural or legal guardian of a girl child are allowed to open the account for two girl children only.
- Attractive interest rate of 8.4%, that is fully exempt from tax under section 80C.
- Minimum Rs. 1,000 can be invested in one financial year
- Maximum investment of Rs. 1,50,000 can be made in one financial year
- If the minimum amount of Rs 1000/- is not deposited in any financial year , a penalty of Rs 50/- will be charged
- Deposits in an account can be made till completion of 14 years, from the date of opening of the account
- The account shall mature on completion of 21 years from the date of opening of the account, provided that where the marriage of the account holder takes place before completion of such period of 21 years, the operation of the account shall not be permitted beyond the date of her marriage
- Passbook will be issued to customers.
- Withdrawal Facility
- To meet the financial requirements of the account holder for the purpose of higher education and marriage, account holder can avail partial withdrawal facility after attaining 18 years of age.
- If the beneficiary is married before maturity of account, account has to be closed.