How to Update Aadhar Card Online – Update Address, Name, Photos, History check and Etc. Usually a person can change address, his/her name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and email id on the Aadaar card.
In order to change the details of your Aadhaar card online, follow these steps to update/change/correction.
Step 1. Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal and click on “Update your Address Online”
Step 2. If you have valid address proof, click on “Proceed to Update Address”
Step 3. In the new window, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and click on “Send OTP” or “Enter a TOTP”
Step 4. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s database.
Step 5. Enter this OTP to login to your Aadhaar account. Alternately, you can use the TOTP feature to authenticate
Step 6. Select either the “Update Address by Address Proof” option or the “Update Address vis Secret Code” option
Step 7. Enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and click on the “Preview” button
Download mAadhaar Official App (for Android Device)
Download mAadhaar Official App (for iOS Device)
Step 8. In case you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option else tick the declaration and click on the “Submit” button
Step 9. Select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the “Submit” button.
Update Address in Aadhaar without Document Proof
In case an you do not have a valid document proof, you can update your current residential address in your Aadhaar Card with the help of consent and authentication of the address verifier ( which can be your family member, friend, landlord, etc.) who allows you to use his/her address as a proof.
To update your address in Aadhaar without document you can request for ‘Address Validation Letter’. Before proceeding for requesting the Address Validation Letter, you must keep in mind the following things:
Your address will be validated by sending your validation letter which will contain a secret code on the address verifier’s address.
It is mandatory for both the resident and the address verifier to update their mobile numbers with their Aadhaar.
Due to any reason, if the address verifier fails to give consent within the set deadline, the request will be considered invalid and will have to initiate the procedure of request once again.
How to configure m-Aadhaar applications in phone (Android & iOS)?
mAadhaar App is available for both Android and iPhone users in India. In order to install the app follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Google Play Store for Android and to App Store for iPhone.
- Type mAadhaar in the search bar and download, or download mAadhaar Android version from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gov.uidai.mAadhaarPlus&hl=en_IN or iOS version from https://apps.apple.com/in/app/maadhaar/id1435469474.
- To make sure you are downloading the right app, check to see if the developer’s name is listed as ‘Unique Identification Authority of India’
- Once you open the app, it takes you through the terms and conditions and usage guidelines and language preference settings. Please go through them carefully before continuing further What is iOS compatible version for maadhaar app?
The mAadhaar app for iPhone is compatible for iOS 10.0 and above.
- Does my profile on mAadhaar get inactive when changed to new phone with registered mobile number?
- Yes, Aadhaar profile in a phone will automatically get deactivated the moment the same profile is registered in another mobile. Aadhaar can be registered only in one device at a time.What are the features/benefit of M-Aadhaar application?
mAadhaar is more than Aadhaar card in a wallet. Using the mAadhaar App, the resident can avail the following benefits:
- Get Aadhaar by Downloading or Ordering Reprint of Aadhaar or by retrieving lost or forgotten Aadhaar
- View/Show Aadhaar in offline mode, particularly when residents are required to show their ID proof
- Update Address in Aadhaar via document or without document proof
- Keep/Manage Aadhaar of family members(up to 5 members) in one mobile
- Share Paperless eKYC or QR code to service providing agencies
- Secure Aadhaar by Locking Aadhaar or Biometrics
- Generate or Retrieve VID which user can use in the place of Aadhaar to avail Aadhaar services (for those who have locked their Aadhaar or do not wish to share their Aadhaar).
- Use Aadhaar SMS services in offline mode
- Check Request Status Dashboard: After enrolling for Aadhaar, ordering reprint or updating Adhaar data, resident can check the status of the service request in the App.
- Help others who don’t own a smartphone in availing Aadhaar services with the help of common services.
- Get Update history and Authentication records
- Book Appointment to visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra
- Aadhaar Sync feature allows resident to fetch the updated data in Aadhaar profile after successful completion of an update request.
- Time-based One-Time Password can be used instead of SMS based OTP to avail Aadhaar Online Services available on the UIDAI Website
- Locate Enrolment Centre (EC) helps user find nearest enrolment Centre
- The More section in the App includes information about the mAadhaar App, Contact, Usage guidelines, Terms & Conditions of using the app and other necessary information.
Apart from helpful FAQs and link to Chatbot the More section also contains links to important documents from where resident can download the Aadhaar enrolment or Aadhaar update/correction forms.